A painting of Hall Farm, an early 16th century building extended in the 17th and 18th centuries. It is the oldest building in the village after the Church. John Fordham came from Fen Ditton to take over the tenancy in 1899.
Three generations of the Litchfield family outside White's Farmhouse. In the foreground stands Francis and Elizabeth's married daughter, Annie, with her daughter Doris. Annie was married to Elias Townsend, landlord of the Prince Regent.
Doris was born in 1913, so this photo was probably taken in about 1916. Her parents ran the Prince Regent pub. She and her mother are standing by the cottage of her uncle, Reuben Litchfield.
This row of houses was built around 1870 when there was demand for more labourers' cottages to accommodate the growing accommodation. The 1891 census showed one resident family were the Rogers family. William Rogers gave his occupation as gardener and gamekeeper. In 1891 he had eight children between one and 17 in the two bedroomed home.
High Street around 1915. A soldier (Mr Goodwin?) is home on leave with his family.
The bakery shop can be seen on the left. Next door, at 17 High Street, lived the blacksmith, Mr Elbourne and his family. He was also the Churchwarden and a village constable.
The blacksmith's forge is on the right with Barty Willis pictured in front of it.
Edward Moore was the landlord of The Plough for over 30 years. His stepfather Charles Jennings lived next door and in the hard behind the house stood a small bakery. Ted Moore baked bread here in the early 20th century and sold it on a cart around the village,.
King's Farm originated as a small cottage but was altered in the late 18th century and then greatly enlarged at the start of the 20th century by Frederick Lean. King's Farm was part of the Wale estate.
Alfred Rayner and grandaughter Blanche Potter are pictured outside Rosemary, High Street, Little Shelford in 1932. Do you have any information on the Cracknell family who lived in Garden Fields in 1930s?. Blanche Downing nee Potter came to a history open day trying to discover why her family moved from London to Shelford in 1930s.
Other sections on the Little Shelford history website