Old photos & postcards of Whittlesford Road, Little Shelford
The village stocks on Whittlesford Road can be seen in the centre of the picture. They were removed around 1859.
Little Shelford stores and Post Office was on Whittlesford Road. It was open from 1964 until 1991. It is currently Cambridge Creative marketing agency.
The toll gate on Whittlesford Road drawn by Fanny Wale in 1858. It closed in 1871.
Sainfoins on Whittlesford Road was originally called Saintfoins. It was bought by Hamer Towgood in 1860 and he lived there until his death in 1914. Alfred Peart bought the house for £2,000. A few months later while alterations were being made there was a serious fire. The house was burnt out and only the walls were left standing. However the house was then rebuilt.
An aerial view of Sainsfoins on Whittlesford Road
Other sections on the Little Shelford history website